The best Bank of Missouri credit cards for your wallet in 2024
If you're a Missouri resident searching for a new credit card, the Bank of Missouri has some solid options worth considering.
With competitive rewards rates, introductory APR offers, and friendlier approval requirements, Bank of Missouri credit cards can be an excellent fit for many consumers.
This article will take an in-depth look at the Bank of Missouri's suite of personal credit cards—from cash back to travel rewards—to help you decide which one might deserve that coveted spot in your wallet.
An everyday cash back card: Visa® Platinum Rewards
The Visa® Platinum Rewards card from the Bank of Missouri is a straightforward cash-back credit card that doesn't charge an annual fee. This could be a good choice if you're looking for an easy-to-use card for daily spending.
Here's a quick rundown of the key benefits:
- 1% cash back on all purchases—The flat 1% return adds up over time, especially if you use the card for most purchases. There's no limit on the total rewards you can earn.
- $50 bonus for spending $1,000—You'll get a $50 statement credit after putting $1,000 on the card within the first 90 days. Not bad for just meeting a minimum spending requirement.
- 0% intro APR on purchases—New cardholders can enjoy six months of interest-free financing on purchases. This could come in handy if you need to spread out payments on a large expense.
The Platinum Rewards card suits anyone seeking simplicity in their cash-back program. You don't have to chase rotating bonus categories or hit high spending tiers to maximize rewards.
If you want an easy, set-it-and-forget-it cash-back option for daily use, give this card strong consideration.
Low interest on big purchases: Visa® Low Rate Platinum
For Missouri residents planning a major purchase who want to minimize interest fees, the Visa® Low Rate Platinum card could be the way to go. This card touts the lowest APRs available from the Bank of Missouri.
Here are some notable features of the Low Rate Platinum card:
- Ongoing low variable APR—While rates vary based on creditworthiness, they start as low as 13.99%. That's lower than average for unsecured cards.
- No balance transfer fee for six months—Transfer high-interest balances from other cards without paying a balance transfer fee for the first six months. After that, the fee is $10 or 1% of the amount transferred, whichever is greater.
- No annual fee—Unlike some other low-rate cards, you won't have to pay an annual fee to keep costs down.
If you have debt sitting on high-rate cards or anticipate financing a large purchase over several months, the reduced interest costs can really pay off. This card does lack rewards, but the savings on interest more than makeup for it if you carry a balance.
Top travel perks: Visa Signature® Card
Frequent travelers should have the Visa Signature® card from the Bank of Missouri on their shortlist. It comes stacked with some of the best travel rewards and benefits you'll find from the Bank of Missouri.
Here are some of the highlights:
- 3% back on travel/dining—You'll earn an elevated 3% back on these common travel expenses. All other purchases get 1-2% back.
- $500 bonus for $5,000 spend—Meet the minimum spending requirement within 90 days of opening to earn a $500 statement credit.
- No foreign transaction fees—Avoid the usual 3% fee on international purchases. This can lead to major savings when traveling abroad.
- Visa Signature benefits—Enjoy perks like rental car collision insurance, concierge service, access to exclusive events, and more.
Between the richer rewards earnings and Visa Signature benefits, this is the top pick for Missouri jet setters. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year too, so it won't cost anything to give it a try.
Building credit? Secured Visa®
For Missouri residents with limited credit or credit score rebuilding needs, the Bank of Missouri Secured Visa® is worth considering. This secured card requires an upfront security deposit that becomes your credit limit and can help establish or rebuild your credit.
Key features include:
- Minimum $200 deposit
- Competitive fees
- Opportunity to graduate to an unsecured credit card
- Free access to your FICO® Score
Since you need to put down a deposit upfront, it functions similarly to a prepaid card. But it reports to the credit bureaus like any other credit card. Making on-time payments can help improve your credit score over time.
The Secured Visa® card gives those new to credit or rebuilding credit access to an unsecured card in the future.
If you meet responsible use requirements over an 18-24 month period, the Bank of Missouri may graduate your account and refund your security deposit.
Alternatives to consider
The Bank of Missouri offers a well-rounded lineup of credit cards. But you may want to also look at some competitive options from other issuers. Here are two excellent alternatives with valuable perks:
The Chase Freedom Unlimited is a popular flat-rate cash-back card with:
- 1.5% back on every purchase
- 3% back in select bonus categories
- $200 cash bonus for spending $500 in first 3 months
- 0% APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
Meanwhile, the Citi Double Cash keeps it simple with:
- 2% back on all purchases (1% when you buy, 1% when you pay)
- $200 cash bonus for spending $1,500 in 6 months
- 18-month 0% intro APR on balance transfers
Both cards come with nice welcome bonuses, intro 0% APR periods, and solid ongoing rewards rates for a $0 annual fee.
Choose the best card for you
Ultimately, picking the right credit credit card depends on your spending habits and financial priorities. Ask yourself:
- How much do you spend on travel and dining out?
- Will you carry a balance and want to minimize interest?
- Do you prefer simple flat-rate cashback?
- Does your credit need an initial boost?
Once you know the features that matter most, you can narrow down your the best card for your lifestyle. Then, apply confidently, knowing these cards offer solid value with competitive terms and responsible credit standards.